Sunday, December 23, 2007

A message from Michelle Boudette

Michelle spent some time with Jaiden and the Tlapa family today, she sent me the following message, thank you for sharing Michelle

I was able to give Paul and his family a hug today on behalf of his sister Laura who is in Atlanta and asked me to go see her family for her.

The Tlapa's have been close to my heart since my youth. They have always been a family I have admired and love tremendously. Any of you who know the Tlapa's know the incredible love and kindness that is just a part of their everyday life. This family has always been a wonderful gift to me and I'm sure to anyone that has had the honor of knowing them.

I know in my heart of hearts that they would be at the front of the line praying for anyone of us.

I stood by Jaiden's bed today with her grandparents Dick and Diane. Dick said to me "she is sleeping beauty.." She truly is. She has great color and an aura about her that makes you feel such a strong sense of hope.

Holleigh and Paul are strong in their resolve for Jaiden. I had an opportunity to talk to Paul for awhile, he is incredibly strong and focused on his family and Jaiden's recovery.

Here are some things Paul told me about Jaiden's recovery. One she never had additional swelling in her brain as they took Cat Scans over the last few days. This is a good sign. She was breathing on her own for a short while. As has been mentioned she opened her eyes, but specifically she opened her eyes at one point when Holleigh called out her name.

Alexeigh,
I'd like to say a special something to Alexeigh. I saw you sitting there in the window seat with a close eye on your sister. What a good big sister you are. How lucky Jaiden is to have you in her life. I know you are scared. It is OK to be scared. When I was a few years younger then you are today my little sister too was fighting for her life right there at that same hospital. I was scared, very scared. And all though it was a long journey before my little sister came home, she did, and against many odds. She is now 37 years old and my very best friend. So don't loose hope sweetie even when you think you can't hope any more.

My prayers for this family, for Jaiden and for you Alexeigh.
Love Michelle (Budha)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alexeigh,
Your a very special young lady. It takes alot of courage and love to do what your doing. And with all of you pulling together praying and staying postive you will make it though this and so will Jaiden.We are all hear for you Alexeigh we love you
Love Theresa,chris,madison ashlynn and christain

Anonymous said...

jaiden
i love you and i hope you get better and wake up for christmas i love you and i hope you get wat you need and wat you want i love you one more time jj you are the best.
maryeileen griggs