Monday, November 10, 2008

What a beautiful poem about Jaiden...sent to me by our neighbor and dear friend Brittany

Holleigh;

I was just thinking about Jaiden, which I do everyday, but lately more often. I wrote this poem for you about Jaiden. I don't know if it makes much sense, but I miss her everyday and just wanted to share it with you. I love you and your family, and Jaiden is always in my heart.
Have a good day

Love,
Brittany.



If I had one question to ask, what would it be?
As I chase down ideas, and cross off others,
I try and think of the most primary question I would want answered.

Maybe I’d ask why?
Maybe I’d ask what happens next?
Maybe I’d ask, can you take me too?
Speechless, I can’t think of anything to say.

My mind goes crazy running, thinking of a million different things.
It’s so unimaginable, I can’t process my thoughts.
My body weeps.
Water races out, causing me to have to remind myself to breathe.

I put myself back together, as my heart suffocates.
Just another day may I have?
Maybe that’s what I’d ask.

Was it really prerequisite what had to happen?
I guess I could ask every question that I considered asking,
but nothing will change.
Will it?

We will all live on.
We all left will all grow old.
We will all make mistakes.
We will all love, hate, cheat, want, and wait,
but no, we won’t ever interact again.
Will we?

At least until we meet again up above in the impeccable place we all call down here, heaven.
So, maybe that’s what I’d ask.
Why?

By Brittany Griggs
Dedicated to Jaiden Lyndi Tlapa
* September 22nd 1999 - January 14th 2008*

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Angel Jaiden,

It has been almost a year since your accident and just want you to know that you are missed sooo very much. I see your friends at school so often wearing your shirts and sweatshirts. You will never be forgotten. I know you look down and are very proud of your Mom and Dad. Keep smiling down on your family and friends because they so often talk of you with a great smile on their faces.

always,
cheryl

Bill L said...

Dear Angel Jaiden,

As I sit here tonight and watch the snow fall, I think of you. It was just a year ago that you started your journey to your rightful place in the heavens above. I remember it clearly, being amazed and awestruck by the amazing power such a little girl had over so many people, by the goodness you brought out in everyone in our community. It was a true miracle the impact you had on peoples lives, and like many - I can say you have had a lasting impact on my life - I never knew you while you were in this world with us, but I think of you often, and you changed my life and outlooks on life.

You will never be forgotten, your memory and legacy will live on, in the hearts and minds of your family & friends who love you, and in those like me who never knew you - yet were touched and changed by simply knowing of you and sharing in your story and journey.

I know you will watch over your family during what I am sure will be a very hard time for them in the coming days and weeks, I am sure they can feel your presence around them - and I hope they can continue to take comfort in the effect you had on our community. They have a lot to be proud of, and I can only hope that offers them some comfort in the coming days.

God bless you Angel Jaiden, and your family and friends

Bill

Anonymous said...

Holleigh,

As I sit here this morning, my thoughts are drawn to you. I so wish that there was more I could do or say to help you through your pain, and I hope that just knowing how many people are thinking of you and your beautiful Jaiden offers even the smallest bit of comfort.

Love & Prayers,
Doreen

Anonymous said...

Holleigh, Paul, Lexi, Aspen and Gage,

My thoughts are with you everyday, but especially today as the days approaching are all days leading to Jaiden's final journey here on earth.

When I first saw that we were getting snow, I thought, how cruel. After thinking about it, maybe it is a sign from Jaiden, a sign to let you know that she is okay. A sign to let you know just how proud she is of all you have done to carry on her name.

Jaiden lit up a room with her smile, but today as we all remember her journey, she lights up the world. There are people all over the world thinking about Sweet Jaiden today. I know on a forum that I visit, people have told me that they had been thinking about Jaiden recently. Her story carries on.....

As I type this, tears fall, my heart breaks for you. Please know I am thinking of you all today, and everyday.

Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with all of you who love Jaiden. I hope you find peace and love this holiday season. Jaiden's beauty is always with us.

~ Tara Isaacs

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for remembering our beautiful Angel Jaiden. Merry Christmas Jaidy Bug! Our love for you goes on and on forever, just like your beautiful spirit. Mommy

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR JAIDEN!!!

WE LOVE YOU!